Update: January’s ups & downs
I just wanted to write a quick message because I have not been sharing much lately. In my last message on New Year’s Eve, I told you about my plans for 2018. This was right before, while cooking dinner, I seriously cut my left middle finger, to an extent that I had to go to the hospital and even today I am still typing with 9 fingers. (Not that the finger had to come off! – I just lost feeling in the tip which makes typing quite difficult..).
Also, I realized that I have a tendency of sharing only the good news around the research. Of course, especially since most of you also financially supported the research, I want to show you that your money is being put to good use! But in the interest of sharing, I would like to share both successes and failures more. So here’s January’s ups and downs:
- teaching philosophy of law at the university of Hasselt for the first time
- writing a first draft of a plan for a “society-engaged research platform” and finding others who are interested
- rounding off the Marble project with all 5 students in a really positive way
- getting more of a hang of my new role as PhD representative
- sent in an article on legal orders in CAR and did not get a negative reply back (yet)
- scheduled three media interviews about the case study in CAR, did two and so far only one seems to get published..
- had a difficult work conflict, that kept me up quite a few nights and made me feel very small
- started teaching logic to MA lawyers, also for the first time – it seems to be going well, but I do feel quite insecure about it..
- starting to feel stressed out about whether or not I will be able to stay in academia after the PhD
All in all, more ups then down! More soon.
If you are not already, please follow the project’s facebook page for regular, shorter updates..!